Monday, March 7, 2011

Athlete Spotlight: Milene Domingues

Something about this athlete intrigues me! Today I want to spotlight Milene Domingues, a Brazilian midfielder who retired after 2009 at just age 30. Can you imagine?

Beforehand, Milene was a Brazilian MODEL that decided to play soccer (football, in Brazil) and became the highest paid player in Spain. She was first famous for being married to Ronaldo, a very well known soccer player in Brazil. She later married Spanish soccer player David Aganzo, who is still playing today.


The ex-model also holds the record for ball juggling - keeping a soccer ball off the ground for 9 hours, with 55,198 touches!

I think what impresses me most is that someone who is beautiful - and the camera loves - turned away from that to play an active, fast paced sport instead! She even played on the National Team.

Anything is possible! Without knowing her, I am proud of Milene!


No comments:

Post a Comment