Thursday, March 31, 2011

Game Day Goodies: White Chocolate Frito Popcorn

 
I don't know about you all but I HAVE to mix my salty with something sweet when it comes to snacking. I also have to admit a certain fondness for Fritos :) So when I found this recipe I was in heaven.

8 cups of popped popcorn
1 lb. (16 ounces) white chocolate or almond bark
2 cups Frito's, crushed
M&M’s

Pop corn according to package directions. Put popped corn and crushed Fritos into a large bowl. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted. Pour melted chocolate over popcorn mixture and stir to coat completely. Pour onto a wax paper or parchment paper lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with M&Ms. Allow to cool and dry.

I found this recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. Did you get this recipe from Leigh Anne Wilkes (www.yourhomebasedmom.com)? Just wondering since she is up there in your neck of the woods! It looked good then and it looks good now. I'm going to have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have done my homework before I commented. The recipe you cited gives credit back to Leigh Anne, so I was right in a round-about way :)
    I'm still going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete